NW IL Homesteading Weekend
Muller's Lane Farm
July 12-14, 2019
9767 Hickory Hills Rd
Rock Falls, IL
Google map Muller's Lane Farm for directions!
View Larger Map
Are you interested in the "old ways of life" such as gardening, preserving the harvest, blacksmithing, soap making, raising chickens for eggs and more? Have you wished you still had someone to ask questions about these things? You've found the right place!
This year will be like last year. We are encouraging folks to come Friday afternoon/evening to set up camp and socialize around the fire.
This is an informal get together for like-minded people who would like to share with/learn from others.
Activities will begin Saturday morning and continue all day.
Sunday is a day of rest, breakfast will be served and folks will depart.
- Blacksmithing (Blacksmith shop will be open all day)
- Prepping fiber for spinning
- Fiber Dyeing
- Knitting/Crocheting/other Fiber Arts
- Animal Care
- Cold Process Soapmaking (approximately 9 AM Saturday)
- Canning (approximately 10 AM Saturday)
- Cooking on open fire with cast iron
- Book Barter (if folks bring books to barter)
- Animal Barter (if folks bring animals to barter)
If you have a talent you would like to share with others, bring what you need.
There will be no set time for classes/demonstrations, unless listed. In keeping with our motto, "We don't have a plan and we're sticking to it!"
Potluck both days, bring what you need and we'll share with all.
We are always grateful when folks bring ice. (It is our biggest expense of the weekend.)
- Primitive camping available (i.e. no water or electrical hook-ups).
- Central cook fire available.
- Hand pump water available.
- Indoor & primitive bathroom available.
- Small camper trailers are okay. Hotels available within 5 miles.
- Please bring your own chairs.
If you are camping and would like to come set up on Friday evening, please let us know in advance!
Please! No alcohol or pets.
Feel free to bring musical instruments!
For more information, email
Paul at email@example.com or
Cyndi at firstname.lastname@example.org